At UMNAI, we are on a mission to redefine the future of AI. Our team is building a brand-new, trustworthy, and fully interpretable AI architecture and solutions, called Hybrid Intelligence that bridge the gap between humans and technology more effectively.
With our ML library in the hands of customers, we’re pushing the boundaries of AI across industries and continually evolving based on market feedback. This is a thrilling and challenging journey, only suitable for brilliant, hard-working innovators prepared to make a lasting impact on the world. If you’re up for the challenge, we invite you to join us as we empower decision-makers with our powerful, comprehensible AI systems.
We seek an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to design, build, and maintain a cutting-edge Python library for machine learning which can create and train explainable models. In this role, you will be part of a team of highly skilled and motivated engineers, bringing your distinct knowledge and expertise to our development project.
You’ll contribute to our evolving culture, valuing excellence and continuous growth within a nurturing environment that acknowledges the importance of both teamwork and individual empowerment.
In this position, you will:
• Analyse, extract and translate user, business, and technical requirements.
• Design and implement innovative solutions to meet those requirements.
• Effectively document and communicate concepts and solutions in English.
• Take end-to-end ownership of tasks.
• Review team code and proactively suggest improvements to elevate code quality and engineering best practices.
• Support and integrate your teammates’ work.
• Provide mentorship to help the team excel.
• Cultivate a culture of collaboration, experimentation, and innovation, ensuring everyone has the necessary tools and support to thrive.
To excel in this role, you should have:
• A minimum of 7 years working experience as a developer, out of which a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Python developer, with a passion for delivering high-quality code.
• An undergraduate or graduate degree in Artificial Intelligence, ICT, Computer Science, Statistics, Software Engineering or an equivalent technical subject; or relevant working experience with a portfolio of AI/ML projects.
• Exceptional analytical skills to identify potential challenges and devise clear and practical solutions.
• Proficiency and experience using Pandas, NumPy and/or other data handling and statistical analysis tools.
• Adept at data engineering and processing tools, like Apache Spark.
• Good understanding of deep-learning technologies such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
• Experience writing automated tests and debugging.
• Familiarity with build automation and CI tools (e.g., CircleCi, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines).
• An organised and results-oriented mindset, with the ability to technically mentor others.
• Excellent communication skills, adept at explaining complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
Additional experience that would be beneficial includes:
• Experience with cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud.
• A background in architecting, designing, building, and maintaining SDKs or libraries.
• A code portfolio showcasing your public projects or contributions, including at least one example of an AI/ML project (ideally commercial or open-source).
• Experience with big data and visualisation tools such as Power BI and Tableau.
What We Offer
• Flexible work arrangements: remote, in-office, or hybrid options to suit your lifestyle.
• Comprehensive health insurance coverage and an annual health and wellness stipend for sports and gym activities.
• A culture of learning, experimentation, and innovation, with the support and resources you need to grow and succeed.